July 11, 2015

Artist Paints “Bodyscapes” That Glow Under Black Light

“I’ve always been fascinated by black lights, the beauty of the human body, the world around me and the ability to create and express myself through art,” John Poppleton, the artist, said. “All of these ingredients I unexpectedly found creating what I call ‘Bodyscapes’”. He makes his artwork in a darkened studio – he paints with UV body paint under the illumination of the black light. From the artist’s perspective it becomes a very surreal even spiritual experience.

Artist Paints “Bodyscapes” That Glow Under Black Light 1

Artist Paints “Bodyscapes” That Glow Under Black Light 2

Artist Paints “Bodyscapes” That Glow Under Black Light 3

Artist Paints “Bodyscapes” That Glow Under Black Light 4

Artist Paints “Bodyscapes” That Glow Under Black Light 5